We love chicken, cooking in the instant pot, and easy recipes. What better way to combine all of that than into this delicious Italian chicken and potatoes dish?
My sister first tried this dish during quarantine and everyone in the house raved about it. It is now one of our go to meals when we need something easy but want something more than just macaroni and cheese.
Italian Chicken & Potatoes in an Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- 2 Tbsp butter divided
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning can use more to taste
- 1.5 lb chicken I use boneless, skinless breasts
- 3 T chopped bacon optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb baby potatoes rinsed
- 1/2 c cream or half-and-half
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Set instant pot to saute.
- Melt 1T butter in pot
- Rub chicken with Ranch seasoning
- Add chicken to pot, cooking on both sides until brown - remove from pot then set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in Instant Pot
- Brown bacon (if desired) and garlic
- Add chicken stock
- Scrape bottom of pot to remove browned bits. Switch off instant pot.
- Add chicken and potatoes to pot
- Close lid. Set valve to "sealing," choose "pressure cook" or "manual." Set timer for 10 minutes.
- After timer ends, do 10 minute natural pressure release (switch off pot and leave it alone)
- Open pot and remove chicken & potatoes
- Combine cream and cornstarch to make slurry
- Whisk into sauce in pot
- Set pot to "saute"
- Stir sauce constantly and simmer until thickened
- Switch off instant pot. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over chicken and potatoes.
- Try shredding the chicken in a mixer and serve on bread for an Italian sandwich.
If you are not a bacon eater (like me), you can definitely skip this. If your family is full of bacon lovers (like mine), set out bacon bits for them to add to their own meal.
I've connected with some amazing bloggers to share some yummy meals! Chili, soups, broths, and more! Head to each of their accounts to check out what they are cooking!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili