These chicken tacos are one of my sister's favorite things to make. She says that they are super easy and super tasty. Considering how few steps and how few ingredients are needed, I will make this blog short and sweet. You can add any toppings that you want. I prefer just cheese on my tacos but my mom and sister like to add sour cream. What are your favorite taco toppings? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to subscribe!
Simple Salsa Chicken Tacos in an Instant
Super simple salsa chicken tacos made in the instant pot.
- Instant Pot
- Mixer, optional
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 jar salsa your choice
- 1 pkg taco shells corn or flour
- Small drizzle olive oil
- toppings of choice i.e. shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, lettuce
- Add chicken and chicken broth to the instant pot. Set to poultry setting and pressure cook (cooking time is 15 minutes, plus pressure release time).
- Remove chicken and shred either by hand or in a stand mixer (recommended).
- Remove chicken broth from instant pot and dispose of it.
- Add shredded chicken and salsa to instant pot. Saute until heated through.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in a pan. Crisp each tortilla shell on both sides, very lightly.
- Assemble tacos and top with your favorite taco toppings.
For more Taco Tuesday ideas, check out what my fellow GalPals are cooking up!