Who doesn't love a fun brunch or having breakfast for dinner once in a while. This recipe is one that my family has made for as long as I can remember. We used to take it to Easter brunch potlucks at church and often have it on holiday mornings.
I am not a pork eater, so it may seem strange that I would share a recipe with sausage in it. As strange as it may sound, I absolutely love this casserole. I pick around the sausage by either using large pieces of it or by keeping the casserole in layers so the sausage can basically be peeled away. It leaves just a hint of the flavor behind but not enough to make me sick. You should definitely consider popping this in the oven for your next family breakfast!
Sausage Egg Casserole
- 9x13-inch baking dish
- mixing bowl
- 4 Eggs large
- 1 pound Ground Sausage mild
- 1½ cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2 cups Milk
- 1½ cups Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350° F and grease bottom of 9x13 baking dish
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- In large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, eggs, and milk until throughouly mixed (break up any lumps of powder that form). Pour into 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Pour sausage onto egg and cheese mixture. Top with remaining ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake casserole for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown. (Note: baking times may vary).