April 18 is National Animal Crackers Day (yes, really, there is a day to celebrate these little snacks!). In honor of this special occasion, I put together two simple, fast, and healthy chocolate dips. These dips are perfect for kids and adults alike. You can dunk your little animal crackers in and enjoy!
You can use anything you choose as your dipping tool. How about some cut up fruit or spread it on top of a waffle?
If you are a fan of Greek yogurt, then this first dip will be perfect for you! If you are not really into the slightly sour taste that many associate with it, then you may want to opt for option number two or swap out Greek yogurt for a different kind.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Dip
Healthy chocolate dip, perfect for pairing with fruit.
- small bowl
- 1 small container Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite treat for dipping.
- For a fun twist, top with mini chocolate chips.
Using light whipped cream is a delicious and healthy way to indulge. It is low in caloric density but still gives that sweet taste that will trick your mind into thinking you're having a decadent treat.
Whipped Cream Chocolate Dip
Healthy, chocolate dip using whipped cream. Perfect for cookies, fruit, or spreading on waffles
- small bowl
- 1 scoop Light whipped cream
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Mix both ingredients together until smooth. Add additional cocoa powder, if preferred, to taste.
- Serve with your favorite dippable treat or spread on a waffle.
- Add mini chocolate chips, if desired.
What are some of your favorite chocolate dip recipes? What would you dip into these tasty treats? Comment below! I'd love to hear from you.